The area of Alberta has a few phantom towns that have been totally or somewhat deserted. A considerable lot of Alberta's phantom towns exist because of various bombed coal mining tasks nearby during the mid twentieth hundred years.
Echoes of the Past: Exploring Alberta's Abandoned Ghost Towns
Alderson is a region in Alberta, Canada inside Cypress Province. Presently a phantom town, it recently held town status until January 31, 1936, and was known as the Town of Carlstadt from 1911 to 1916. The name was changed during WWI when numerous different settlements in Canada and Australia changed German spot names.
Alderson is found roughly 15 km northwest of Suffield along the Canadian Pacific Railroad primary line. The City of Creeks is around 50 km toward the northwest and the City of Medication Cap is roughly 55 km toward the southeast. It has a rise of 760 meters
Pilgrims came to southeast Alberta during the incredible land surge of the early long stretches of the twentieth 100 years. It was previously a train whistle stop named Langevin and would proceed to turn into the focal point of one of Canada's most exceedingly terrible farming fiascos; casualty of dry spell, fires, flies, grasshoppers and pillaging bunnies.
Alexo is a phantom town in Alberta, Canada. Worked as a coal mining town, it lies in the lower regions of the Canadian Rockies at a height of around 1,260 meters (4,130 ft), close to the David Thompson Roadway between the towns of Nordegg and Rough Mountain House. The Town of Alexo has as of late been changed into a day camp by YouthHQ which works out of Red Deer, Alberta. Shunda Rivulet and the North Saskatchewan Stream rush toward its south.
Admittance to the Alexo region was unfortunate preceding 1913 when the Brazeau Branch rail line (part of the Canadian Northern Rail route which later turned out to be important for the Canadian Public Rail route) to the coal mineshaft at Nordegg was opened. This made admittance to coal markets, and other mining adventures before long began close to the tracks. The mine at Alexo, which was named after the Alexo Coal Organization, was one of them, similar to the mines at Saunders River and Harlech.
The Alexo mine started activity in 1920, and by 1948 yearly creation was around 33,000 tons. The finance included around 70 individuals, of whom 30 were excavators. There was a lodging, a cookhouse, a bunkhouse, a store, and 30 cabins.
The coal in the Alexo region is important for the early Paleocene Coalspur Arrangement and is of high-unstable "C" bituminous position. The mine worked a solitary crease that was reliably around 5 feet (1.5m) thick, with a shallow plunge toward the upper east. Mining was finished by underground room and support point strategies. By 1948 the fundamental incline had progressed to a length of 824 meters (2,700 ft), and levels driven from the two sides covered a complete east-west distance of 2,012 meters (6,600 ft). The typical intensity content of the Alexo item was 11,633 English Warm Units for every pound.
The Alexo mine shut in 1955 due to declining markets for steam coal as the railways supplanted steam trains with diesel, and the town was destroyed. Absolute coal creation had been 764,600 tons.
Starting around 2016, the vast majority of the previous Alexo townsite is rented by the Commonplace government to the Young and Volunteer Focus of Red Deer, Alberta and is home to a day camp called Camp Alexo.
Allerston, previously Allersville, is a unincorporated local area in Alberta, Canada inside the District of Warner No. 5. It is found around 25 km (16 mi) east of the Town of Milk Stream and 18 km (11 mi) north of the Canada-US verge on Municipality Street 24, 1 km (0.62 mi) off Parkway 501.
The people group has the name of Jacob Allers, a trailblazer resident.
All that remaining parts of Allerston is a Roman Catholic Church and the Allerston Corridor with baseball diamonds. The congregation was implicit 1911 and opened on July 28, 1912. The congregation is still being used today. It was moved to another establishment 20 ft (6.1 m) toward the north. There is a graveyard behind the congregation. The Allerston Lobby is still use for the yearly Fall Bazar.
Composing on-Stone Commonplace Park, is one of the biggest areas of safeguarded grassland in the Alberta park framework, and fills in as both a nature save and security for the biggest grouping of rock craftsmanship, made by Fields Individuals. There are more than 50 stone craftsmanship locales, with great many figures, as well as various archeological destinations.
Ardley is a village in focal Alberta, Canada inside Red Deer County. It is found 3 kilometers (1.9 mi) west of Expressway 21, roughly 40 kilometers (25 mi) east of Red Deer. The people group's name might be an exchange from Ardley, Britain.
Ardley's populace was specified at 16 in the last evaluation, and the local area is viewed as a phantom town.
Questions / Answers