Welcome to our guide on the top 15 fun activities to do in Calgary during the summer! Known for its stunning landscapes, vibrant city life, and friendly atmosphere, Calgary offers a plethora of exciting adventures for visitors of all ages. Whether you're seeking outdoor thrills, cultural experiences, or family-friendly outings, this bustling Canadian city has something to offer everyone. Join us as we explore the best summer activities that will make your trip to Calgary an unforgettable one. From exploring the wild beauty of Banff National Park to immersing yourself in the rich history of Heritage Park, get ready to dive into the exciting possibilities that await you in this vibrant city. Let's dive in and discover the wonders of Calgary during the summer season!
Summer Delights: 15 Exciting Activities to Experience in Vibrant Calgary!
1. Explore the Calgary Zoo: Spend a day observing and learning about various animals from around the world at the Calgary Zoo.
2. Visit Heritage Park Historical Village: Step back in time at Heritage Park, an interactive historical village that showcases life in Western Canada from the 1860s to the 1950s.
3. Enjoy Prince's Island Park: Take a leisurely stroll or have a picnic in the picturesque Prince's Island Park, located in the heart of downtown Calgary.
4. Take a hike in Banff National Park: Just a short drive from Calgary, Banff National Park offers stunning hiking trails amidst breathtaking mountain scenery.
5. Go whitewater rafting on the Bow River: Experience the thrill of whitewater rafting on the Bow River, with several tour operators offering guided trips suitable for all skill levels.
6. Attend the Calgary Stampede: If you visit in July, don't miss the Calgary Stampede, a world-famous rodeo and festival featuring live music, rodeo competitions, and amusement park rides.
7. Explore the Glenbow Museum: Discover art, culture, and history at the Glenbow Museum, which houses a diverse collection of exhibits and galleries.
8. Go on a brewery tour: Calgary has a thriving craft beer scene, and many breweries offer tours where you can learn about the brewing process and sample different beers.
9. Have a day of family fun at Calaway Park: Enjoy a day of thrilling rides and family-friendly entertainment at Calaway Park, Western Canada's largest outdoor amusement park.
10. Visit the Calgary Tower: Get a bird's-eye view of the city from the observation deck of the Calgary Tower, which offers panoramic views of the surrounding area.
11. Take a bike ride along the Bow River Pathway: Rent a bike and cruise along the scenic Bow River Pathway, which offers miles of paved trails and beautiful views of the river and cityscape.
12. Explore the Telus Spark Science Centre: Engage in hands-on science exhibits and interactive displays at the Telus Spark Science Centre, perfect for visitors of all ages.
13. Attend a live performance at the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium: Catch a concert, theater production, or dance performance at the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, a renowned performing arts venue.
14. Have a picnic in Fish Creek Provincial Park: Enjoy nature and have a relaxing picnic in Fish Creek Provincial Park, one of the largest urban parks in North America, offering numerous pathways and picnic spots.
15. Take a day trip to Drumheller: Explore the unique badlands landscape and visit the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller, which showcases an extensive collection of dinosaur fossils.
Questions / Answers